At Florida Dental Rejuvenation, we are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and efficient environment while delivering exceptional results. In order to remain at the forefront of our field, Dr. Alexis Morales uses state-of-the-art dental technologies and techniques while staying abreast of the latest advancements in dental care. These new technologies can allow Dr. Morales and our team to provide you with the best possible treatment experience, not to mention a healthier mouth and a more beautiful smile.
Introducing Laser Dentistry
Ultradent Products Inc. introduced the Gemini™ 810 + 980 soft tissue laser, which is said to be dentistry’s first dual-wavelength soft tissue diode laser with 20 watts of peak super-pulsed power and a stunning, fully transparent electroluminescent display.
No matter the procedure, the innovative Gemini laser reportedly makes it faster, smoother and more efficient.
The following is a list of FDA-cleared indications for use of diode soft tissue lasers:
• Excisional and incisional biopsies
• Exposure of unerupted teeth
• Gingival troughing for crown impression
• Gingival incision and excision
• Hemostasis and coagulation
• Implant recovery
• Abscess incision and drainage
• Laser removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket
• Laser soft tissue curettage
• Oral papillectomies
• Pulpotomy as an adjunct to root canal therapy
• Reduction of gingival hypertrophy
• Soft tissue crown lengthening
• Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices including gingival index, gingival bleeding index, probe depth, attachment loss, and tooth mobility)
• Treatment of canker sores, herpetic, and aphthous ulcers of the oral mucosa
The process for taking digital x-rays increases both safety and comfort for the patient. Compared to traditional x-rays, digital x-rays can reduce radiation exposure by up to 90%. In addition, these clear digital images can be enhanced, enlarged, stored, and transmitted electronically to facilitate doctor-patient communication as well as simplify information exchange with insurance providers. There is also none of the traditional photographic chemicals involved, leading to almost-instantaneous results and a development process that’s better for the environment.
An intraoral camera allows Dr. Morales to clearly see your teeth and gums on a computer screen for a more accurate and precise diagnosis. Using a miniature camera lens that is inserted into the mouth, this innovative technology can give you a clear view of any existing dental concerns. These images can also be useful in helping you and Dr. Morales decide which treatment method might best address your unique needs.
Nitrous oxide, otherwise known as laughing gas, has helped many of our patients relax during all kinds of dental procedures. An additional advantage of nitrous oxide is that the effects of the sedation are short-term, and patients are typically able to drive themselves home from their appointments.
Filtered Treatment Water
When considering your safety and your health, we believe that even the smallest details matter. At Florida Dental Rejuvenation, we use only filtered water for all procedures. Filtered treatment water can help ensure a sterile work environment, aiding in our commitment to caring for your total body health.
To learn more about the technologies employed at our office, or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.